Shep Hyken interviews Adrian Brady-Cesana, author of The Four CX Pillars to Grow Your Business Now: The Customer Experience Manager Playbook, and host of The CXChronicles Podcast. They discuss the four CX pillars: team, tools, process, and feedback.
Adrian Brady-Cesana shares what every customer experience manager needs to have in their playbook, the four CX pillars for business growth.
- Team: Constantly train, evolve and optimize your CX team. Ask questions like: How are our CX team members hired? How are they trained? How are they retained? How does CX fit with the rest of the organization?
- Tools: The world has changed in terms of how we speak to our customers. It’s not always in person anymore. Oftentimes, it’s via phone, email, zoom calls, text message, etc. Each channel represents opportunities or challenges. Thinking about how you can pinpoint which tools will allow you to best serve your customer base is mission-critical for growth-focused companies.
- Process: Have a living playbook and a CX journey map. This could be as simple as a one-page document that gives everybody in the team clarity on what the expectations are. Your team should know where they can find consistent and up-to-date answers.
- Feedback: Collect, assess, and act on your customer & employee feedback to grow & scale your business. Take the time to share customer feedback with everyone in the organization – from the executives to the newest customer service rep. Some metrics may even lead to customer neglect. For example, a focus on Average Handle Time may lead to incomplete resolutions, striving for a larger customer support headcount may drain a company’s resources.
“If you want to see a big impact, you have to work on it regularly. If you want to have a world-class team, you have to invest in that team on a weekly basis.”
“Sharing customer feedback (what customers love, what customers aren’t so thrilled about, and what customers don’t like at all) in a clean, clear-cut way across the entire business is how any type of corporate culture can improve overnight.”
“CX is a team sport. If you are the only person in your organization who cares about CX, it’s just not going to happen.”
“CX is modern selling. Companies that understand that they should invest in incredible customer experience – and that every player on your team has a role – will dominate and last for a long time.”
Adrian Brady-Cesana has been working in customer experience, customer success, consulting with organizations for the past 15+ years. He is the author of The Four CX Pillars to Grow Your Business Now: The Customer Experience Manager Playbook, and host of The CXChronicles Podcast.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- What are the 4 pillars of customer experience?
- Why should you invest in customer experience?
- What is a customer-focused business?
- What is the CX journey?
- Where does CX fit in an organization?